What Do I Do If American United Denies My Disability Insurance Claim?
If American United denied your insurance claim, the thought of fighting such a large insurance company can be overwhelming. Luckily, you do not have to do it alone. You have an ally to help you fight for the insurance benefits you deserve. Call Donahue & Horrow. We’re a Los Angeles-based law firm that has successfully secured millions of dollars for our clients when their claims for disability insurance, life insurance and long-term care insurance were initially denied.
Have no doubt. We know how to put pressure on insurance giants like American United to force them to pay you the money and insurance benefits you are owed.
Our goal is simple: to make sure you are treated with dignity and respect while securing the insurance benefits that you legally deserve.
Call us today if you think that you’ve been treated unfairly or unethically by American United: (877) 664-5407.
Whether you have an individual disability claim, group short-term disability claim, group long-term disability claim, health insurance claim, life insurance claim, AD&D claim or long-term care insurance claim. We are available to help you with your case and to discuss any questions you may have about your insurance policy or denied insurance claim.
Donahue & Horrow is based in Los Angeles, but routinely handles cases throughout California. Call us at 877-664-5407. We can even meet with you face-to-face at your location to discuss your insurance claim, if necessary.
American United Tactics In Denial of Disability Insurance Claims
American United Life Insurance Company is part of the OneAmerica group of insurance companies that includes The State Life Insurance Company and Pioneer Mutual Life Insurance Company. Unfortunately, like all insurance companies, American United has an unfortunate history of denied valid claims. American United’s tactics to deny or delay disability and other insurance benefits follow a familiar insurance industry playbook:
- Payouts that are less than what the policyholders were entitled to.
- Insufficient review of disability claims appeals.
- Using biased physicians to support bogus claim denials.
- Ignoring the opinions of primary care physician and other medical specialists who support your claim.
American United and other insurance companies often try to “wear down” policyholders like you in the hope that you will give up rather than fight for your benefits. If American United has tried one or more of these tactics on you, they may be trying to fraudulently deny your insurance claim:
- Repeatedly making burdensome requests for more and more documentation, which often duplicates documentation you already submitted;
- Downplaying medical evidence – including objective and subjective data – which supports the disability or entitlement to insurance benefits;
- Denying your claim because it is only supported by “subjective” evidence, even if the policy does not require “objective” evidence;
- Resorting to requesting so-called “independent” medical reviews by unqualified physicians or individuals;
- Lengthy delays in making a decision on a disability insurance claim.
There Are Deadlines. Do Not Delay!
So, if you’re dealing with a denied insurance claim from American United, we urge you to take action. Do not delay! All insurance claims have deadlines that must be met if you are to have any hope of collecting the insurance benefits you are owed. This is especially true if your claim is governed by ERISA. Call us today at (877) 664-5407. Our legal team will treat you with the dignity you deserve while relentlessly fighting to secure the insurance benefits you are owed and deserve.
If you have questions call us. Insurance policies are written by lawyers, so sometimes it takes a law firm to interpret the terms of the policy. We will assist you in deciphering your American United insurance policy, whether it be a long-term disability insurance policy, short-term disability insurance policy, health insurance policy, life insurance policy, accidental death, and dismemberment policy or a long-term care insurance policy. Call today for a free consultation: (877) 664-5407.