Insurance Companies Must Give Your Claim Proper Consideration
Riverside Denied Disability Claims Lawyers
Most disability insurance claims are denied at the initial application stage. This denial, however, does not mean that you do not qualify for benefits. Often, an experienced attorney can guide you through the appeals process and help you receive the maximum benefits that you deserve.
Subsection 790.03(h) of the California Insurance Code is called the Insurance Unfair Practices Act. This act defines a number of actions that are considered unfair practices. If an insurer violates these minimum standards of care, a determination could be made regarding bad faith. While not comprehensive, this list exemplifies several of the actions specified in the act.
- Misrepresenting to claimants pertinent facts or insurance policy provisions relating to any overages at issue.
- Failing to acknowledge and act reasonably promptly upon communications with respect to claims arising under insurance policies.
- Failing to adopt and implement reasonable standards for the prompt investigation and processing of claims arising under insurance policies.
- Failing to affirm or deny coverage of claims within a reasonable time after proof of loss requirements have been completed and submitted by the insured.
- Not attempting in good faith to effectuate prompt, fair and equitable settlements of claims in which liability has become reasonably clear.
- Attempting to settle claims on the basis of an application which was altered without notice to, or knowledge or consent of, the insured, his or representative, agent or broker.
- Failing to settle claims promptly, where liability has become apparent, under one portion of the insurance policy coverage in order to influence settlements under other portions of the insurance policy coverage.
- Directly advising a claimant not to obtain the services of an attorney.
- Misleading a claimant as to the applicable statute of limitations.
Disability claim denied? Trust our lawyers to help you file an appeal.
The Riverside denied disability claims attorneys at Donahue & Horrow LLP, have more than 50 combined years of experience helping clients receive the proper insurance benefits. A great deal of individuals lose heart and give up after receiving notification of denial of benefits. Our attorneys have had success in the past negotiating with insurance carriers on our clients’ behalves and representing clients through the appeals process. Trust us to diligently fight to protect your rights and ensure you receive the benefits you deserve.
Contact a Riverside Denied Disability Insurance Appeals Attorney Today
Whether you have an employer-provided disability insurance policy that is governed by Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) law or you have selected a private disability insurance policy, the attorneys of Donahue & Horrow can guide you through the process of appealing a denial. We will fully investigate the situation and provide you honest feedback about the next steps you should take.
If the insurance company does not give your claim the proper consideration and thorough investigation, the company is not acting in good faith. When an insurance company does not act in good faith and unreasonably refuses to pay policy benefits, you are a victim of insurance bad faith. Our Riverside and Los Angeles-area attorneys can explain the situation and your options for compensation during a free consultation.
All cases are taken on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing and we receive nothing unless you win your case by way of settlement or verdict. Call us toll free at 877-664-5407 or e-mail us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.