Michael B. Horrow is a founding partner of Donahue and Horrow LLP – one of the leading firms in California on fighting insurance companies for the benefits that have been unfairly and wrongfully denied.As the managing partner of the Consumer Litigation department at the firm, Mr. Horrow has recovered tens of millions of dollars for clients.
Mr. Horrow has represented clients against the largest insurance companies in the United States in fighting for insurance benefits for claims involving disability insurance, life insurance, long term care insurance, property insurance, health insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
He is recognized as a leader in the field of fighting disability insurance companies and has been called on to speak at numerous national conventions on how to fight for disability insurance benefits. He is an expert in understanding the needs of his clients and their rights under the insurance policies. He knows the coverages and the tricks that the insurance industry uses to unfairly and wrongfully deny claims. He knows you need your benefits to pay your mortgage or rent and feed and clothe your family. He is relentless and will not rest until your rights are fully protected and your benefits recovered.
Mr. Horrow stands for insurance companies being held accountable. They collect your insurance premiums and after you make a claim, they promise to pay. It is time the insurance company honors their promise to you.
If your insurance benefits have been denied- you do not need to fight the insurance company on your own. With decades of experience, concern for you and your family and exceptional litigation and professional skills, Mr. Horrow will fight for you- and win.
Michael Horrow is a 1989 graduate of Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Real Estate and Finance. After graduating from California Western School of Law in 1992, Mr. Horrow practiced insurance defense litigation where he learned the inner workings of how injury, medical malpractice and insurance cases are defended. In 1998, Mr. Horrow began representing consumers when he joined Shernoff, Bidart and Darras LLP. He became a partner of the law firm before starting Donahue & Horrow LLP.
Michael Horrow is a dedicated member of the community and works tirelessly to effect positive change. He is a firm believer in ensuring that people receive the support that they deserve, especially when facing unreasonable insurance companies. He is a highly skilled and intelligent lawyer and a powerful force at Donahue and Horrow. Additionally, he enjoys spending time with his family surrounded by his three daughters and his wife Avigal.
Areas of Practice
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctor – 1992
- Pennsylvania State University – 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member